In The Mood For Some Utility

For some reason, utility bikes have captured my interest. Having a the ability to haul stuff around gives me a great alternative to taking the bike instead of the car.

Even though there are a bunch of great options out there, here are a couple of bikes on my radar lately.

CIVIA Loring:

Trek Bikes (From the Gary Fisher Collection) Transport:

July 9, 2010 at 8:32 am

1. What causes you to choose the Loring over the Gary Fisher Simple City 8, which is much less costly?

July 9, 2010 at 6:26 pm

• The Gary Fisher Simple City 8 is a beautiful bike as well. I selected these two to simply represent the type of bikes that I like. Both of them are new to me and are on my recent radar – so they get bumped up my list. Plus, I just really like the design and style of these two bikes. Unfortunately, I couldn’t afford any of them so I haven’t taken a closer look.

When I can afford one, I’ll definitely take a closer look at reviews and specs. Of course a test ride will make my final decision.

July 9, 2010 at 6:58 pm

2. There’s a reason why they put a steering damper on the front wheel. I would think a shopping load would be better on the back and you might want to think of that on your test ride.

Rod

July 11, 2010 at 5:44 am

• Good call. I’ll do the test ride with a moderate load to see how it feels.

July 11, 2010 at 5:56 am

3. Richard,
    I saw one at Trinity Bicycles in Fort Worth. Looks like a nice bike.

I will be curious to see if & what you get!

Peace :)