LCI #3760

Image © Kim Turner via Cycling Savvy DFW

I’ve been cycling off and on for almost all my life, more off than on. In early 2008, my car club (I love the irony) started a “Biggest Loser” contest. Since I was the biggest and heaviest that I’ve ever been, I decided to join the challenge, eat healthier and start exercising. I started cycling more often, and really liked it.

I actually won that biggest loser contest (even though I could still lose a few pounds). What I find funny is that you never know how the choices you make – like a silly contest – will effect your life and where it will take you. I’ve become so passionate about cycling that I’ve started commuting by bike. I also advocate cycling, run a couple of bike blogs and now, I’ve decided to teach.

A few weeks ago, I took and successfully completed the League of American BicyclistsLeague Cycling Instructor Seminar and become a League Cycling Instructor. I am LCI #3760 and I’m pretty proud of that accomplishment. I’ll try to do a writeup about the course later on.

My goal, with the help of some friends, is to bring more education to my area to help elevate my city, Richardson, Texas to a more bike friendly status. To be continued.

November 1, 2012 at 6:19 am

1. had no idea, that is great to learn! yes ironic indeed.
    congrats to you and all of your future endeavors :)

meligrosa

November 1, 2012 at 10:18 am

2. I’m proud as hell of you. Working in Richardson and bike commuting, I have a vested interest in your success!!! Go dude, GO!

bergerandfries

November 1, 2012 at 2:01 pm

• Thanks, Michael. You’re a huge inspiration and motivator for me.

November 1, 2012 at 11:22 pm

3. I’m very proud of you :^) you impress me every day

Wendy

November 1, 2012 at 7:35 pm

• Thanks for putting up with me being gone all the time. Thanks for being awesome.

November 1, 2012 at 11:23 pm

4. […] here. – I saw a few good bike movies: here and here. – I participated in a bike fair. – I became an League Cycling Instructor. – I became a BikeDFW board member. – My local bike group hosted some fun bike rides. – I’m […]