Santa Got Me A Minoura Camera Mount

Minoura Camera Mount

Actually, it was my awesome wife that got me the Minoura camera mount for Christmas. If you’ve ever seen any of the really shaky ride videos that I’ve posted on YouTube, you’d understand how perfect this is for me. In the past, I would hold my camera in one hand, while holding onto my bike with the other – not an easy task if you’re trying to shoot video. Ultimately, the image quality would suffer.

Sure, we could have looked into one of those fancy GoPro type cameras, but why spend the money? I’ve already got a video ready camera, and it’s not like I’ll be doing any crazy stunts that require such a rig.

The Minoura camera mount is perfect for me. It’s got a nice, retro look and great build quality. It’s completely adjustable and easy to attach to my handlebars – no tools required. This will make it easy to switch bikes if I need to.

I shot a test video the other day, which looked pretty good. I’ll post that later.

Camera Mount

December 28, 2012 at 2:48 pm

1. That’s the same camera I have!

mister_ethan

December 28, 2012 at 2:52 pm

• I love that little guy. It’s pretty tough and just the right size. I’ve since upgraded to a Canon G12, but this guy will always ride with me.

December 28, 2012 at 3:52 pm

2. I’m happy you like it :^)

atomicmama68

December 28, 2012 at 3:13 pm

3. Not bad! However, I’ve found handle-bar mounted video to have a lot of excess vibration and is a poor vantage point for instructional use. One huge advantage of a GoPro over a point-n-shoot is the wide angle lens that is built-in.

Still, I might grab one of these to make use of my Canon that I rarely use.

Eliot

December 28, 2012 at 3:15 pm

• Agreed. The GoPro can certainly do much more, especially for instruction. Perhaps, there will be one in my future.

Right now, I’m just excited about being hands free, which is a nice step-up for me.

December 28, 2012 at 3:51 pm

4. [...] As promised here are a couple of tests for the Minoura Camera Mount. [...]