Posts Tagged ‘2012’
2012 was a great year for bicycling in my life. Here’s a recap of the things I was lucky enough to do:
– I shared a few rides with my son.
– I witnessed the opening AND closing of the Dallas Bicycle Cafe.
– Suburban Assault got mentioned in a local magazine.
– I got to help out with the Ciclovia de Dallas.
– I got to take Traffic Skills 101.
– I got to take the Cycling Savvy DFW class.
– I helped my local bike group set up my city’s first bike to work day, energizer station.
– I participated in my 3rd Wild Ride.
– I doubled last year’s bike commuting goal.
– I read a few good bike books: here, here and here.
– I saw a few good bike movies: here and here.
– I participated in a bike fair.
– I became an League Cycling Instructor.
– I became a BikeDFW board member.
– My local bike group hosted some fun bike rides.
– I’m witnessing my local bike community grow.
I hope to have as much fun in 2013. Enjoy the ride!
There’s a new bike movie coming out on January 13, 2012. It’s called Premium Rush. Here is a description from Youtube:
Dodging speeding cars, crazed cabbies, open doors, and eight million cranky pedestrians is all in a day’s work for Wilee (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), the best of New York’s agile and aggressive bicycle messengers. It takes a special breed to ride the fixie — super lightweight, single-gear bikes with no brakes and riders who are equal part skilled cyclists and suicidal nutcases who risk becoming a smear on the pavement every time they head into traffic.
But a guy who’s used to putting his life on the line is about to get more than even he is used to when a routine delivery turns into a life or death chase through the streets of Manhattan. When Wilee picks up his last envelope of the day on a premium rush run, he discovers this package is different. This time, someone is actually trying to kill him.
Looks like it’ll be this generation’s Quicksilver, with some better suspense, action and cooler bike stunts. Hopefully, it’ll have a better soundtrack as well.
Update: According to IMDB, it looks like the movie release was pushed to August 2012.
Check out the trailer: