Posts Tagged ‘Happy New Year’
I want to wish everybody a Happy New Year. I hope your 2014 is filled of amazing discoveries, new explorations and great rides.
Do you have any New Years resolutions? Mine is to challenge myself to do more active transportation – walking as well as cycling. What are yours?
Speaking of doing more active transportation, I started tracking my milage back in 2012. Now with two years under my belt, I can start to gauge my improvement.
In 2012, I rode just over 1300 miles – 1177 for transportation and 137 for fun. In 2013, I rode over 1700 miles – 1295 for transportation and 428 for fun. Both years were tracked from April, but this year, I plan to track the whole year.
The good news is, I reached a new cycling milestone for 2013 – over 3.5 tanks of gas saved. Let’s see what I can do in 2014.
2012 was a great year for bicycling in my life. Here’s a recap of the things I was lucky enough to do:
- I shared a few rides with my son.
– I witnessed the opening AND closing of the Dallas Bicycle Cafe.
– Suburban Assault got mentioned in a local magazine.
– I got to help out with the Ciclovia de Dallas.
– I got to take Traffic Skills 101.
– I got to take the Cycling Savvy DFW class.
– I helped my local bike group set up my city’s first bike to work day, energizer station.
– I participated in my 3rd Wild Ride.
– I doubled last year’s bike commuting goal.
– I read a few good bike books: here, here and here.
– I saw a few good bike movies: here and here.
– I participated in a bike fair.
– I became an League Cycling Instructor.
– I became a BikeDFW board member.
– My local bike group hosted some fun bike rides.
– I’m witnessing my local bike community grow.
I hope to have as much fun in 2013. Enjoy the ride!