BFR’s Black Friday Ride

BFR Black Friday Ride

Take a spin and avoid the Black Friday crowds.

Please join BFR for an impromptu, casual ride to signify the kick-off of Bike Friendly Richardson.

They will be taking a spin through some quiet west Richardson neighborhoods. The pace will be casual and the route will be on low traffic roads.

They’ll start and finish at Santa’s Village (at the fountain in front of The Richardson Civic Center). The loop will be about 10 miles with a small Starbuck’s break in the middle.

Route Map:

View Black Friday Ride in a larger map

IF you Facebook, here is an Event Page that you can RSVP to.

!!!ATTENTION DART RED LINE RIDERS!! – DMN has posted that DART will be running their SATURDAY schedule on Black Friday. Please double check dart.org for times. Go here for more info.

November 19, 2009 at 10:50 am

1. The start is right where I work!
    I’ve been working on some library folk and some friends to come out for the ride.
    If my wife comes, I’ll be happy to ride sweep (she doesn’t believe in going over 9-10mph)

I’ve been wanting to start a casual ride for a number of years for those who don’t want to do the “club rides” but would like to toodle around and get some confidence, exercise, and “hang out time.”

Michael

November 23, 2009 at 10:34 am

• By all means, have her come along!! My wife is just getting her cycle legs and negotiates climbs (not that there are many) at a low pace. We’ll be making this a real casual loop.

November 23, 2009 at 4:37 pm

2. Which direction around will you be riding?

Michael

November 23, 2009 at 10:35 am

• I was still debating this. My initial thought is to go clockwise (start heading south).

November 23, 2009 at 4:38 pm

• Clockwise offers a lot of long gradual inclines.
        (but that’s usually the longer route I use on my commute home)
        Of course if we go the other way we’ll be at Starbuck’s way to soon.
        hmmm
        Yeah, My Wife has ridden that direction with me and not complained.
        Clockwise sounds OK.

Michael

November 24, 2009 at 10:00 am

• Nothing is set in stone. I’ll try to do a reverse loop tonight to gage the best ride.

November 24, 2009 at 11:08 am

• Did the reverse loop today and decided that works better. The route directions reflect that.

November 26, 2009 at 8:46 pm