Getting My Son To Ride

My son has been a bit apprehensive about riding. This is sad, because I feel he’s missed out on some quality rides that I’ve shared with my daughter.

Fortunately, my wife’s cousin was getting rid of their bike trailer attachment. Instead of shipping it off at their next garage sale, they lent it to us.

Not only do we get to do family rides together, but my son gets more confident with his balance. He has a blast riding with me, so hopefully inspiring him to ride won’t be as difficult.

Let's GO Dad!!

Pic from Tripledub Images

Balance

Pic from Tripledub Images

April 18, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Posted in General Cycling

Tagged with

1. This gladdens my heart. Maybe he’ll get to ride to school? One tip I’ve heard – when he wants to learn to ride his own bike – take the pedals off and drop the seat down so he can use it as a seat scooter until he has the balance thing down. Then attach the pedals and he’s OFF! It sounds like it’s quick, simple, and avoids the falls you and I experienced while learning.

April 18, 2010 at 3:08 pm

• That’s actually how we came into possession of this trailer. Their daughter was trained by that method and it worked really quickly.

I hope to do the same with him.

April 18, 2010 at 3:14 pm

2. Glad you found something that he can enjoy, and that you two can enjoy together. There are all kinds of ways to share the joy.

Chris

April 18, 2010 at 3:22 pm

3. that is awesome! trailers are almost liek a tandem – tons of fun
    😀 glad to see him pedaling +thanks for the people for bikes link, signed that
    cheers -m

meligrosa

April 18, 2010 at 11:23 pm

4. Good ol’ father and son time. I wish the best to yall!

mvytem

April 19, 2010 at 12:23 am

5. it makes me smile to see him riding behind you :^)

atomicmama68

April 19, 2010 at 6:16 am

6. That is exactly what I need to do with my daughter!

cartoongoddess

April 20, 2010 at 7:50 pm

7. […] week, we got a bike trailer so my son can ride with us. Because of that, this week’s theme is “Multi-Rider […]