Keeping On A Bike, Even With The Loss Of Balance

Adult Training Wheels

This is probably the coolest thing that I’ve seen in a while. I saw this lady on the trail riding a bike that was assisted with side-wheels. One would call them adult training wheels, but at this point in life, it’s no longer called training.

I’m making the assumption that this woman has lost some of her sense of balance. Not knowing her, I didn’t want to be rude and ask. What amazes me is that instead of giving up on the bicycle, she found a solution that’s keeping her rolling. I hope to have this much drive when I get older.

July 5, 2012 at 8:47 pm

1. Great find, Richard! I applaud the lady on her commitment. That’s awesome. I wish more people would get off their buns and be active. We need people to be active and healthy, more than, ever in America.

Paz 🙂

Chandra

July 5, 2012 at 10:21 pm

2. Totally radical and I love it! Thanks Richard. Gives one hope.

Jo Duran

July 5, 2012 at 10:47 pm

3. Thanks for the inspiration.

Pondero

July 6, 2012 at 6:39 am

4. Ask. At work, for months I saw a guy at the gate watching all of us going in through the turnstile. I wondered if this was some sort of wasteful security practice. One day I asked what the story was. Then I found out he went there each morning to help a disabled employee make it in to the work location. Perhaps she is rehabilitating from something else or perhaps she never got taught how to balance but wants to ride.

July 6, 2012 at 7:33 pm

5. I’m coming back (slowly) from two heart attacks. My balance is shot. Since I don’t really want to ride a 3-wheeler, I’m going to try training wheels on my custom (home-made) lowrider beach cruiser. Hopefully, they’ll come off in a week or two…

roblimo

March 3, 2014 at 3:28 am

• Robin, I’m glad to see you working to get back on the bike! Keep at it!

March 10, 2014 at 4:30 am